Here’s a take away from NAR’s Managing Director of Data Analytics Todd Carpenter at the NAR Annual Conference in New Orleans this past weekend. Todd said:
“Realtors® should educate themselves about big data and be knowledgeable of how it’s being collected through mobile devices,” said Carpenter. “Buyers will increasingly use their smartphone during the search process – often times before first talking to an agent. Realtors® who adapt and embrace big data will add considerable value to their relationship with clients.” Learn more here
AGBeat Chief Operating Officer: Lani Rosales wrote a great post on the National Association of REALTORS Board of Directors policy recommendations to implement a new Code of Excellence. Below you’ll find Lani’s short list and a link to the full article. This is a positive move for our industry IMHO.
1. The Realtor of the Future Leadership Team Proposal included the following five policy proposals:
2. Implement an aspirational Code of Excellence – approved with amendment
3. Mandatory biennial education, testing on COE, COEx – approved with amendment
4. Realtors will have the most comprehensive data – approved with amendment
5. NAR should implement Realtor ratings – approved with amendment
6. Increase standards of entry into profession – was not addressed with the BOD
Also: Congratulations to CRB Council (Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers) on the approval of CRETS (Certified Real Estate Team Specialist) – voted on Monday morning by the NAR Board of Directors. This is a huge "Raise the Bar" opportunity for teams within our industry and well designed courses for brokers, managers, teams & those planning to create teams. #Kudos
The NAR Annual Expo was great this year also with plenty of new tech toys and gadgets. I’ll be sharing those in the near future. Zero in on the topics above and watch things unfold throughout 2015.
"Expect the Best" Mike